5/04/2015

Hope's Prayers - a great Mother's Day gift idea

Samantha & Michael with their Mom, Hope. 
For anyone familiar with our family, you're probably aware of the incredible and sweet story behind Joanne's marriage to Rob (she details their engagement in 2 parts here and here). We were all so excited at God's leading and provision for Joanne (in a husband) and widower Rob (in a wife - and mother for his 2 children). But what I didn't know was much about Rob's first wife, Hope (the mother of my niece and nephew, Samantha and Michael). For the past 10 years, Rob has been compiling memories, letters, interviews, and poems in order to produce a special book - addressed to Michael & Samantha - about their mom. But even though it's written from his perspective to his children, it's also a very moving and accessible story for us "outsiders." I thoroughly enjoyed reading it as I traveled to South Carolina last week to spend some time with my parents (as my mom was recovering from major surgery). As I was expressing my thoughts about this story to my mom, the thought occurred to me that this would be a great gift for mother's day. So we're sharing some reviews here about it to hopefully pique your interest and give you a great gift idea. 
-Megan Albright-


Hope's Prayers, by Rob Pfeiffer, is available on amazon.com and Barnes and Noble online in both print and e-reader friendly versions (kindle & nook). 



REVIEWS FROM THE SISTERHOOD


Michael & Hope
Samantha and Michael have such a treasure in this book. They are able to read of their mom's life and many of her thoughts through her beautiful poetry. Their dad, Rob, so kindly lays out the many trials and lessons learned that their family endured. It's an encouragement to see the truths of Scripture woven throughout the book not only to admonish and advise Samantha and Michael as they prepare to leave home, but also to challenge us as believers in many of life's aspects. 
-Julie Rudie-

Last picture as a family
July 4, 2004
Rob Pfeiffer shares with his children, using their mother's own letters and poetry, insights into Hope's personal struggles as well as her growing walk with Christ, her Savior. Each chapter begins with snippets of the final hours of her last day. These snippets provide a compelling backdrop that draws the reader into learning more of Hope Pfeiffer's life.Then each chapter details their mother's life's journey as a daughter, wife,and mother. I believe the reader will learn along with Samantha and Michael that "life is hard" and sometimes "life is very hard," but Christ is the only hope.  
-Grace Albright-


As I read through Hope's Prayers I was constantly reminded of God's grace. Grace through strength and perseverance in trials and God's amazing grace over sin. It was a joy to see the truths of God's Word left to my niece and nephew, through the life of Hope. And, it was a great privilege to be allowed to look in as an 'outsider' and learn more about God's grace.
-Jill Dow-

Although written mainly for his children, Rob Pfeiffer's book Hope's Prayers is a beneficial read for anyone who encounters life's trials. The journey God planned for their lives was difficult, but God's faithfulness was abundant. 
-Faith White-

Through this book I was given much new insight into the life of the mom I barely knew. Also, I learned about what my relationship with God should be, based on her example. Never in my life could I have asked for a better gift.
-Samantha Pfeiffer-

No comments:

Post a Comment