6/09/2014

DIY Baby Necessities for Under $60

I recently had the privilege of attending a baby shower of a very good friend. Pinterest has been a great resource in coming up with ideas for DIY gifts for preparing for a baby. The above picture was my "package" of coordinating items that I was able to create for under $60.

Quilt
The basic design and pattern was found at the below link. Materials were purchased at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn Fabric (use coupons). The quilting stitches used were a basic free motion heart border along the sashing pieces of the quilt.
Link for Modern Baby Quilt



 


Soft Magnetic Alphabet Letters
I used up some of my quilting scraps to make these. A great hands on tool for use from infant to toddlers!

Link for Alphabet Letters




 


Soft Blocks
Another great scrap buster, and fairly cost effective when the foam is purchased with a coupon at your local fabric store.
Link for Soft Blocks



Pacifier Clips
I Created a pattern, that I will have a do it your self tutorial in a future post.




Boppy Cover
Great pattern that fits snuggly for a standard boppy pillow. I also have many modern patterns for sale in my etsy shop, CreativeSeams.
Link for Boppy Cover

Fabric Organizer Bin
When I was planning our little one's nursery, I had a difficult time finding what I needed to organize everything in the nursery. The following Organizer Bin pattern made the perfect organizational tool.



Soft Luvy Blankets
I created a pattern with tutorial posted here.



Hooded Towel
Joanne recently made these towels for each of the nieces and nephews, and we all love them. Here's her tutorial for making your own - either for yourself or for friends and family.


So as you can see, we have lots of ideas to share in the near future - so stay tuned and be ready for some fun summer crafting projects!




2 comments:

  1. Many years ago when I had my first child a friend made me a set of blocks like yours, saved them and her first child played with them, and they are still in wonderful shape...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I'm planning to make new covers for the boppies in our church nursery. This saves me from looking for a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete