3/04/2015

Freezer Meals for the New (or recurring) Mom


Welcome back to the Sisterhood! If you're wondering where we've been, well, it's been that kind of winter. I, personally, just recently had our third child, so I've been a little busy. But thanks to my dear sister and an idea we're going to share with you today, I'm actually finding myself with more free time than I imagined. So if you know someone who is about to have a baby (maybe someone in your church, a good friend, a sister, a daughter, etc.), I'm going to strongly recommend that you consider being a HUGE blessing in their soon-to-be crazy lives by providing them with a freezer full of make-ahead-and-dump-in-the-crockpot meals. 


Tonight's dinner












As I type this, I'm currently enjoying the aroma of "Italian chicken with potatoes and green beans" that's cooking in my crockpot. My sister (bless her heart) came to visit us a few weeks after my delivery. And besides caring for my high-maintenance 4 & 2 year-olds, she spent the entire week preparing almost 30 bags of meals and snacks (like this peanut butter granola and these yogurt freezie pops for the kids) that store in my freezer. My favorite part is that these aren't just meals for supper. She also put together some snacks, 3 bags of "breakfast muffins" (think omelets in the shape of a muffin that you can warm up in 30 seconds), 2 bags of french toast sticks, and 2 bags of pre-made, non-processed breakfast sandwiches. These have been awesome to have since most mornings I am really dragging (after middle-of-the-night feedings) and can barely feed myself let alone my other kids.

We have available now a PDF copy of all of the recipes she used. So if you are interested in getting a copy, just send us an email at albright.sisterhood@gmail.com and we'll send it right back to you to use in whatever way you want (you can certainly make these for yourself as well if you are needing to "stock up"). And again, as a new-again mom, I can't encourage you enough, if you have the time and means, to do this for someone. It has been a wonderful gift that has blessed our whole family the past few weeks. Thanks for reading, and enjoy! 



Tomorrow night's dinner, thawing in the
refrigerator - can't wait! 
Megan for the Sisterhood

No comments:

Post a Comment