7/22/2014

Super-Easy Freezie Pops

Yesterday here in Minnesota, we were under an "Excessive Heat" Warning (which, being interpreted, means that our temps exceeded 90 degrees). So in order to help my kids cope with temperatures they're not quite used to (and bribe my 4-year-old to take a nice, long nap), I made them these Fruit & Yogurt Smoothie Pops. Easiest thing I've ever made for them. The whole process took me less than 5 minutes, and they completely froze and were ready to eat by the end of nap time. If you're into "real foods," these are for you. If you just want something simple and tasty, these are for you too. 


My ingredients (as called for) - I didn't use quite
as much spinach - maybe 5 or 6 leaves?
But he didn't notice. :-) 
Ingredients in the blender (can anyone tell what
I forgot to add?)

After blending everything
For my "pops" I just used dixie cups and
craft sticks from the Dollar Tree

This is just to help you know that, while we try to be healthy, we are also still normal people who need the occasional ice cream Snickers bar too.

The End Results?
Checking it out
Happiness















Note: This smoothie pop was apparently so good and filled my son up so much that he told his VBS teacher last night that he "didn't need" the popsicle she offered him during snack time. No I didn't tell him he couldn't have treats - usually this child is so treat-deprived that he'll eat as much sugar as he can get outside of the home. :-) I guess these were just that good. Hope you can all enjoy them too! Let us know what your kids think. 

Megan
for the Sisterhood

No comments:

Post a Comment