3/22/2012

Another Fun Engagement Story: Jill & Steve

The short part of the story is that I met Steve during our Freshman year of college - and we happily started dating the next year. It was a blissful college romance, with many happy memories made along the way. However, during the second semester of our Senior year, I had to do some student teaching in Detroit, Michigan (about an hour and a half from my home in Flint). But that didn't keep Steve away. So here is the account of a little "visit" and how it played out:

To begin, Steve sent me a packet of letters for each day of my last week of student teaching - but only Monday through Thursday. He told me that Thursday afternoon, the note for Friday would be there after school waiting for me.

Surpise #1
Thursday, March 22, 2007, I was in my classroom after school doing some last minute things for the next day when around 4:00, Steve walked into the room (I had a little idea he was coming, but nothing for sure). In the car Steve gave me a beautiful necklace, followed by a delicious dinner at Mountain Jack’s Steakhouse. As we were simply talking, Steve asked me if I knew what my birthstone was. My birthday is in April, so I said the diamond. He then handed me some sterling silver and diamond earrings (more beautiful jewelry - fine with me).

Surprise #2

After we had eaten dinner and were simply sitting there talking, he asked me to stay where I was as he wanted to come around and sit next to me instead of across from me, I said yes, and he started to move. In moving from one side to the other, he smoothly dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him. I of course said YES! and he gave me the ring (third time's the charm - especially with jewelry).

Surprise #3

Once we left the restaurant, I called my mom, who asked me if Steve had a digital camera. I said no, but that Aunt Faith had one (and lived nearby), so I said we would stop by their house, take some quick pictures, and e-mail them home. We got to Aunt Faith's house and I walked in the front door, completely astounded to see my mom, dad, sisters, brother-in-law, niece & nephew, and Steve's parents and sister. It took me a little bit to realize what was going on; but we had a wonderful evening as a family, celebrating and making even more fun memories.

And so Steve and I were married June 6, 2008. Happily Ever After.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed, and you had a nephew born on your wedding day if I remember right.....Dee D Payne....

    ReplyDelete