11/21/2011

Thanksgiving Recipes Part 1

Grace's Crescent Rolls
Jan's Cranberry Jello
Laura's Sweet Potato Souffle

As promised in the previous blog post, we would like to share with you some of our families' favorite Thanksgiving recipes.  While you most likely already have your Thanksgiving menu planned for this year, why not give some of these recipes a try for Christmas dinner, or the next potluck you're a part of?

Please come by again tomorrow - we will be featuring favorite Thanksgiving recipes from Tamra, Robin, and Janet.


Grace's Crescent Rolls
"I don't believe that I have a reputation as a fabulous cook so that neither my expertise nor my recipes are in high demand, but my family appears to love my homemade crescent rolls which I usually only make for Thanksgiving.  I am willing to share this recipe, but just know that it comes from a very small and underused recipe box.  This recipe comes from my long time college friend, Carol Senn Ruffin (if you know her, ask about how she came to acquire this recipe)." -- Grace

                                     

Jan's Cranberry Jello
Cranberry Jello was introduced to me very early in time spent getting to know my husband's family.  While this delicious side is a standard at Thanksgiving dinner, it also finds its way into the menu at other times of the year.  This jello is a tasty complement to any turkey dinner. -- Joanne





Laura's Sweet Potato Souffle

Sweet potatoes are a pretty standard Thanksgiving Dinner menu item.  There's mashed sweet potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, and sweet potato dishes with marshmallows on top.  However, this sweet potato dish, with it's crunchy topping, has become a favorite of Laura's family.




1 comment:

  1. We loved Laura's Sweet Potato Souffle and Jan's Cranberry Jello with our turkey dinner! Thanks ladies. I made them both the day before Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete